The BioShock Infinite is one of those very few games which have managed to carve itself a niche in the video gaming market. The BioShock series has had the uncanny ability to capture gamers with incredibly life like characters and a plot which somehow manages to keep game players hooked and immersed in the virtual world.
Like all the previous versions this version too has Booker DeWitt who is a lovable person that finds himself in debt with the worst possible people. To make things worse he has to deal with the scum of the society while trying desperately to save an innocent girl’s life. The plot of the game starts off from here and moves towards the combined efforts of the two major characters which finally results in both of them getting free. But of course what happens in the game is always up to the gamer.
Along the way in the BioShock Infinite journey the two characters learn to trust and depend on each other and put to use a huge arsenal of weapons ranging from a simple knife to mystic style fights. The entire plot of the game unfolds in the streets of Columbia and is studded with some really awe inspiring graphics and imagery. It comes with an amazing map which can be explored to provide gamers some additional interaction and engagement in the game. As the plot of the game unfolds there are several truths which are uncovered and mysteries which are unravelled and secrets which become known. This immersive experience is revealing and unravels as playing time passes. The plot continues to be gripping to gamers and there is a sense of suspense which goads the player to believe that there is a very good twist in the tale right around the corner. Games that keep players in suspense and interested in the fine details and actions provide exceptional and engaging entertainment that usually provides many hours of play.
The premium edition of BioShock Infinite comes with a lot of collectible goodies which no true fan of the game can resist. The art book which depicts the origin of the characters and the process of creating the characters is a very nice compilation of the art and design that has gone into the making of BioShock Infinite. The Handyman figurine which is a board game toy is very life like and a small little toy which would sit ideally on the mantle of any true BioShock Infinite fan.
Some of the key features of BioShock Infinite are:
- Set in the times of 1912 the game poses a very unlikely mission which makes it even more interesting; it is a unique, well thought out and developed game with a great story
- Set in the backdrop of Columbia you can be sure to enjoy some of the best graphics and imagery
- Elizabeth, the main girl in the story, is well designed, stunning and great character
- Variety in ability and gear options
- Provides excellent game play
- A wide range of weapons including fireballs and lightening are available for use in the game
- The gaming world is gorgeous and creates an immersive experience
- The narrative and story is captivating
- The music, sound and audio is exception and adds to the immersive gaming experience
- The voices are well done and very realistic; the linguistic personalities of the characters are very life like and draw players into the game
BioShock Infinite is a great game that will provide gamers with many hours, days, weeks of entertaining and immersive gaming. This game is definitely designed for players that enjoy games with well developed and life like characters, excellent graphics and exceptional sound.