Do you enjoy playing old video games like those from Atari? Do you still love Dig Dug, SeaQuest, Pole Position and Pac Mac? Is it a pain switching game consoles on your television? Need a quick and simple way to keep all your game consoles connected? Ever thought of a Video Game Console Patch Bay?
How to Make a Video Game Console Patch Bay is an easier process and requires less effort than many people think. It could have happened that over a period of time you had got hold of many gaming consoles and you do not want to part with them because you enjoy their games experience. It will not come as a surprise if you say that you love playing old games at times. I still enjoy playing old Atari games because of the nostalgic feeling and experience they provide. New games are not always better, they are simply different.
But not all the gamers are so lucky to have their television still able and equipped that it can have all the consoles together. Such gamers sometimes wish for something that can have them all the consoles together. Switching gaming consoles on a television takes time and effort away from game play and is a big inconvenience. If you are one of those frustrated because you want an easier way then it is the time to cherish and play those old games with this simple solution to make your video game console a patch bay.
With three devices and in less than 20 minutes you can easily cable a video game patch bay. Making a video game console patch bay will not only help you in playing your favorites game fast but also make your gaming experience easier as you would not have to waste time in connecting a different game console to your television.
Electronics Required to Make the Video Game Patch Bay
- RCA patch bay – Patch bay is an electronic device that aids in rerouting input and output signals while doing mixing and recordings.
- 3.25-inch patch cables
- RCA cable with stereo audio and video connections
Once you have accumulated all the required supplies it is now time to get into some action in making the video game patch bay.
Step 1: Finding and Procuring an RCA Patch Bay
- This could be one of the most difficult steps in making the video game console patch bay. You can try finding one on websites such as Google shopping, eBay, or Guitar Center. You also have chances to find them in music stores and electronic shops. An RCA patch bay would cost you about twenty to fifty dollars depending upon the model type. Once you have found and bought a patch bay then it is time to start connecting.
Step 2: Connect Patch Bay with TV
- You have to connect the patch bay with the AV on the back side or rear of the television. For this you will have to select a component input or AV on the back of your television. Now connect the AV with three inputs given behind the patch bay. Connect the cables one by one with yellow being first and then white and red audio cables. Once the patch bay is connected then it is the time to connect the game consoles.
Step 3: Connect the Consoles RCA Outputs to the Back of Patch Bay
- Once you have connected the patch bay with TV, plug the RCA outputs from the gaming consoles on the back of the patch bay. Plug them in any order which you prefer. Just make sure that you apply the same order to each console; first the video, audio left and audio right. Also remember that this only applies to old game consoles. If you have the new ones like Sony PS or Sega Dreamcast then RCA output of console will connect easily to patch bay.
Step 4: Labeling the Patch Bay
- Once you have connected all consoles then label the patch bay using a pencil so that it is easy for you to see the sources that you are patching into your TV.
Step 5: Patching Consoles into TV
- Once all the above steps are done it is the time to start the patching of game consoles into the television set. Just plug the patch cable in the console at the video cut and insert the opposite end into the TV at the video output. Similarly, plug the audio output too.
Now all your video game consoles and games are easy to access and are at one place with the help of patch bay. Learning How to Make a Video Game Console Patch Bay is an easy process that provides convenience and saves time for gamers that still enjoy playing old games on consoles for a different gaming experience not offered in the latest and greatest of today.